How we help you attain optimal dental health Consultations may be the most important visit you or your family spends with your doctor. We present a comprehensive review of our findings from your diagnostic exam and x-ray series and, when appropriate, review the intraoral photographs of you teeth. At that time a comprehensive plan of…
Comprehensive examinations and low-dose digital X-Rays
At South Shore Dental Group, we firmly believe that excellence in comprehensive family dentistry can only begin with detailed and accurate diagnosis.
We commonly hear from our new patients that they have never had such a detailed and complete examination.
Our standard comprehensive examination includes the following
- Examination of teeth, gums and all oral soft tissues: assessment of existing restorations, decay, periodontal (gum) disease, and other orthodontic problems
- Examination of the TMJ (jaw joint), jaw muscles: assessment of bite related problems and headaches
- Low-dose digital xrays: intraoral and panoramic xrays where and when needed. Essential for detection of decay, bone defect due to periodontal disease, cysts, and bone lesions.
- Intra-oral photographs: visual documentation of your teeth. Assists us in explaining our treatment recommendations to you and gives us the ability to monitor developing issues over time.
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Diagnostic study models of your mouth: enables us to properly plan complex reconstructive treatments
- Specialty consultations when needed